Camping at Knouff Lake Resort
We Will Always Find You a Campsite...
Nestled between beautiful forest-covered mountains, Knouff Lake is an idea place for fishing, camping, or simply enjoying a peaceful vacation. While easily reached with two-wheel-drive vehicles, it is far enough away from civilization to offer restful seclusion. Here one feels the potent lure and enchantment of Canada's vast virgin wilderness. Freedom from formality forms the basis upon which real recreation is built.
The Knouff Lake Camping Resort offers a variety of choices for the camping enthusiast. No matter whether your favorite accomodation is a simple tent, a modest camper, or a luxurious motor home, you can always find a spot to relax in our 5 acre campsite. If seclusion is your preference, try one of the secluded group or tent campsites. Or if excitement and meeting new friends is more to your liking, then our spacious open-camping area will be just perfect for you.
Always popular, our facilities are ideal for family and group reunions. And of course being one of the oldest fishing camps in British Columbia, fishing derbies are one of more popular activities at the Resort throughout the spring, summer and fall months.
Tent, Truck and RV Camping
Most guests opt for our "open-concept" camping where you can park in your favorite location either by yourself or with a group of friends and family. Scattered throughout the 5 acre campsite are numerous picnic tables and firepits. Chose a shady spot by the trees adjacent to the lake, pick a "view" site near the top or find a quiet spot on the far east end of the campsite... there is always the perfect spot just waiting for you. Water & power on some sites.
| Private Walk-in Tent Camping
For those looking for peace, quiet and seclusion, we offer a private walk-in camping area accessible across a small, scenic foot bridge. This area provides 4 unique tent sites that are guaranteed to provide you with a relaxing summer vacation, and come complete with picnic tables, fire pits, and cold running water. Even in the winter it looks inviting doesn't it? But that would be a little cool wouldn't it ... So why not give it a try in the summer...
|| Private Group Camping
If you and your family or group would like a bit more privacy, and prefer to be out of the way a bit, we offer a group site that holds roughly 6 to 8 camping units. The site is situated on the hill a bit higher than the main campground, private and is surrounded by forest. Trails lead from there to a system of wilderness trails that stretch for hundreds of miles. No power of water is provided to this area.
Year Round RV Camping
If you don't want to fight crowded highways & campgrounds, prefer to stay in one place, the Knouff Lake Resort offers a number of year-round RV campsites. These sites are very popular, and normally have a waiting list to obtain one. Each site is very unique and have beautiful wood/glass wind screens offering privacy and protection from the weather. All have wood patio decks, come with 20 or 30 amp power, as well as cold water supply in the summer.
- Monthly with electricity and cold water $375 / month
- Daily with electricity and cold water $38 / day
- Daily without hookups $28 / day
- Sani-dump $8
- Firewood (level wheelbarrow) $10
Camper's guests or drop-ins:
- Per person (including drop-ins / campsite) $5 / day
* For extended stays please contact us for more information
** Reservations are not required for regular campsites
(unless you are a large group... See Note #4 below)
- Check-out time is 11:00 am daily.Check-in time is normally at 2:00 pm in order to give our staff time to clean campsites. If you need to be in earlier, or are going to be staying later phone ahead for more information or contact the office.
- Modern washrooms are conveniently located central to all camping areas. Laundry and shower facilities are provided in the main washroom building just west of the Lodge.
- There are no additional charges for docking or boat launching facilities as long as you are a registered camping guest at the resort.
- All camping fees are in Canadian currency and may be paid by cash, credit card or debit card. Campsites are available on a first-come first-serve basis. If you have a large group please phone ahead for reservations.
- We pride ourselves on providing our visitors with the most positive experience possible. We therefore request our guests observe quiet time which is 11:00 pm each evening. Excessive use of alcohol, loud parties, as well as unnecessary operation of noisy atv's or vehicles is prohibited.
- In order to provide a safe and secure visit, please be aware we provide 24 hour security for our guests. As well the gate to the resort is closed and locked each night at 10:00 pm and re-opened at 8:00 am. This ensures you will not be disturbed by unwelcome late-night visitors. If you need to arrive or depart during those hours please contact the office in the lodge for more information.
- Dry, clean firewood is available for guests at $10 per wheelbarrow load.
- Quiet time is 11:00 pm each evening thru to 8:00 am in the morning.